The bartender, must be friendly, outgoing and possess good communication skills. A guest’s dinner and/or bar experience should be equally enjoyable and you play a major role in the overall picture. Remember, consistency is a key element in a positive experience. We achieve this by always following recipes. Your individual personality should shine through – use it to your advantage. You should be organized, able to think and act quickly and effectively while retaining self-composure. Be guest sensitive and possess a sense of timing. Take pride in personal appearance and show dedication to your job. Display integrity and honesty in all aspects of your employment.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Welcome each guest personally within 30 seconds.
- Communicate with guests using clear and enthusiastic words, tone and body language at all times. Make guests feel appreciated through your actions.
- Work with others to keep all areas cleaned and stocked to Restaurants standards at all times.
- Mix, garnish and serve alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks for patrons of bar and dining room following standard recipes.
- Ring drink orders into computer immediately, collect money from guests for drinks served and make
- Arrange bottles and glasses to maintain an attractive display in agreement with restaurants standards.
- Wash and sterilize stemware.
- Be attentive! Offer your assistance before the guests has to ask for it.
- Count drinks Guests are served.
- Place current bar tabs in front of Guests at all times.
- Anticipate your guest’s needs. Follow the half-full rule when offering another drink. Be alert of guest signals (raising a hand, looking directly at you, etc.), and acknowledge the guest so they know you will be right with them.
- Learn your guests’ names, occupations, and favorite drinks. This will make the Restaurant a special place for them.
- Responsible service of alcohol. Should a guest reach the state you do not feel they should drive, we will supply a taxi. Do not hesitate to ask for management intervention if necessary.
- Other duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- The physical ability to walks and stand during entire shift.
- The physical ability to continuously reach, bend, lift, carry, stoop, wipe and remain stationary for long periods of time.
- The physical ability to be able to lift up to 35 lbs.
- You must be of legal age to serve liquor according to state law.
- Basic mathematical, reading and computer skills are required.
- The ability to handle money and give correct change is required.
- Basic knowledge of beer, wine and spirits, and must be familiar with standard drink recipes.
- The ability to multi task, excellent communication and organizational skills are required.
- Knowledge of the Restaurants food & beverage specifications.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Licenses certification or registrations required for the position.
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.