The dish and general utility position is responsible for maintaining cleanliness and sanitation standards for china, glassware, tableware, cooking utensils, etc., using machine and manual cleaning methods. This position also ensures the dishwashing area is maintained as a clean, safe and sanitary facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Sort and rinse dirty dishes, glass, tableware and other cooking utensils and place them in racks to send through dish machine.
- Sort and stack clean dishes. Carries clean dishes to cook’s line and other proper storage areas. Rewashes soiled dishes before delivering.
- Change dishwater in dish machine every hour.
- Wash pots, pans and trays by hand.
- Remove trash and garbage to dumpster.
- Set up or break down dishwashing area.
- Clean and roll/unroll mats.
- Fill/empty soak tubs with cleaning/sanitizing solutions.
- Sweep/mop floors.
- Assemble/disassemble dish machine.
- Sweep up trash around exterior of restaurant and garbage dumpster.
- General restaurant and restroom cleaning as directed.
- Wipe up any spills to ensure kitchen floors remain dry.
- Must notify Manager anytime dish machine wash or rinse cycle falls below safety standard temperatures.
- Other duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Walks and stands during entire shift.
- Must be able to read labels on chemicals.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures
- Lift and carry racks or stacks of dishes, glassware and other utensils, weighing up to 30 lbs., up to 50 times per shift.
- Lift and empty trashcans weighing up to 150 lbs., with assistance, up to two times per shift.
- Frequent bending, stooping, reaching, pushing and lifting.