Immediately greet guests at the door in a warm and friendly manner. Seats, and presents clean menus in a professional and quick manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Primary duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Greets and seats guests, presents menus to guests, informs them of specials and soups.
- Treats guests in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction.
- Takes names on a waiting list.
- Runs the floor plan board.
- Observes tables and keep track of clean, dirty and occupied tables.
- Takes guest information and quotes wait to guests accurately when tables are not immediately available.
- Cleans, organizes and stocks menus at host area.
- Answers phone and answers questions concerning the menu and restaurant.
- Interacts with guests during their stay and as they depart the restaurant to ensure a positive dining experience.
- Maintains restrooms throughout shift.
- Other duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must possess excellent communication skills (verbally interacts with management, servers, team members and guests.)
- Must be able to read, write and determine wait time based on the restaurants procedures.
- Must visually scan restaurant for clean, unoccupied tables.
- Must have strong organizational skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented
- Possess working knowledge of workplace safety procedures