Prepare and / or directs the preparation of food to be served complying with all applicable sanitation, health, and personal hygiene standards and following established food production programs and procedures. Ensure appropriate use of facility supplies and equipment to minimize loss, waste, and fraud.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Prepares or directs preparation of food served using established production procedures and systems.
- Determine amount and type of food and supplies required using production systems.
- Ensures availability of supplies and food or approved substitutions in adequate time for preparation.
- Serves or ensures proper serving of food for tray line or dining room.
- Complies with established sanitation standards, personal hygiene, and health standards. Observes proper food preparation and handling techniques.
- Stores food properly and safely by marking dates and items.
- Reports necessary equipment repair and maintenance.
- Correctly prepares all food served following standard recipes and special diet orders. Apportion food for serving.
- Plans food production to coordinate with meal serving hours so that excellence, quality, temperature, and appearance of food are preserved.
- Maintain daily production records.
- Keep work area neat and clean at all times; clean and maintain equipment used in food preparation.
- Complete food temperature checks before service.
- Performs other work-related duties as assigned.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Must be 18 years of age.
- Moderate reading and writing skills
- Proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills
- The physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less
- Strong manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
- The ability to follow written/ oral instructions and procedures
- Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.
- High energy and stamina are required.
- The ability to stay calm and work efficiently under pressure.
- The ability to prioritize job duties and manage time effectively.
- Strong verbal communication skills required.
- Willingness to work evenings and weekends as required.
- The ability to read menus, safety documents, etc.