To ensure quality and proper presentation in a timely manner. Food orders are prepared and assembled quickly according to recipes and procedures to avoid waste. Line is always stocked, neat, clean and safe.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Preparation of recipes and plate presentations correctly set up according to tickets for all ticket items.
- Following pars accurately, and completing daily/weekly cleaning and maintenance. Follows hold time standards for all products.
- Reads tickets, pulls product from window in order specified on ticket, calls side items and any special instructions, coordinates and communicates with grill cooks. Sometimes preps food items needed immediately on kitchen line. Always cautious of lead ticket time.
- Ensures proper placement of side items on plate while noting any special instructions
- Confirms proper placement of product, side items and any special instructions, changes plates and/or wipes excess fluids from plate and garnishes, places order in expo window in proper order according to computer ticket.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Must have effective communication with grill cooks/servers.
- Reads orders on tickets.
- Judges quality and quantity of raw and cooked items.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- The physical ability to stand, reach, lift, bend, kneel, stoop, climb, push and pull items weighing 50 pounds or less.
- Strong manual dexterity; auditory and visual skills
- The ability to follow written/ oral instructions and procedures
- Previous restaurant experience strongly preferred.