Sell and serve food and drinks in a professional and friendly manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- The essential functions include, but are not limited to the following:
- Must be able to pass Responsible Service of Alcohol Test with a score of 90% or better.
- Serve multiple tables, as determined by management.
- Complete knowledge of restaurant’s food and beverage preparation.
- Ability to sell alcohol and food items.
- Able to use a computer to ring orders on a check.
- Able to interact with guests in a friendly/fast manner.
- Able to accept different types of payment and make change.
- Maintain specific side-work and ensure the total cleanliness and smooth operation of the restaurant.
- Clear and reset tables.
- Check identification of guests to ensure they are of legal age to consume alcoholic beverages. Refuse to serve beverages in a polite manner to guests who are not of legal age.
- If consuming alcoholic beverages, observe guests behavior, count number of drinks served, and if you feel they should not drive, offer a taxi. Don’t hesitate to ask a manager to intervene.
- All guests must be treated in a manner to ensure their complete satisfaction. Always strive to exceed our guests’ expectations.
- Report to work in a neat and clean uniform. Well-groomed hair and personal hygiene are essential.
- All servers are required to be 18 years old and older.
- Have a valid Forsyth County Pour Permit.
- Other duties as directed.
Minimum Qualifications (Education, Experience, Skills)
- Basic mathematical skills.
- Basic reading and writing skills.
- Must be able to make change.
- Basic computer skills.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Must be multi-task oriented.
- Knowledge of workplace safety procedures.
- Must be able to suggestively sell food and beverage items.
- State applicable health and/or alcohol compliance card.
- Must be of legal age according to State regulations to serve alcohol.